Friday, June 13, 2014

Crankenstein (by Samantha Berger)

3/5 = liked it

Little Fox says:
"It had funny words and [Crankenstein] has a cool name and I liked the guy."

Momma: This book looks kind of scary.  Is it a scary book?
Fox: Kind of...because when he was cranky he yelled monster words.  When he's not cranky he's back to normal!
Momma: Do you ever get cranky?
Fox: (laughing) And turn into Crankenstein?  No.
Momma: But do you ever get cranky?
Fox: Yes.
Momma: And what do you do when you get cranky?
Fox: Take some deep breaths.
Momma: Do I ever turn into Crankenstein when I get cranky?
Fox: No.  You don't turn green!
Momma: But sometimes when I get cranky I get sharp and snippy. What do I say when I get cranky and snippy?
Fox: You say you're sorry.
Momma: That's right.  Because even grown ups can get cranky. And if we make mistakes or get snippy it's important to apologize. Everyone has bad days, right?  We apologize and we learn from our mistakes.      

No comments:

Post a Comment