Monday, October 27, 2014

Leaf Trouble (by Jonathan Emmett)

2/5 = OK
Momma: What do you like about the Fall leaves?

Fox: The colors...[I like] that I can play with them.

Momma: When I picked you up from school today, what were you doing in the leaves?

Fox: Kicking them!

Momma: Why?

Fox: Because I like to!

Momma: I love the leaves, too.  I like the colors.  I like when they fall.  I like putting them in piles and kicking them and jumping into the piles and I like how they crunch when we walk on them!

Fox: Next Fall, can we catch all the leaves?  Please???

Momma: How would we do that?

Fox: With our hands!

Momma: Well, the leaves don't fall all at the same time.  Like they said in the book. the leaves fall a little bit at a time.  But we can wait for a windy day this week and try to catch as many leaves as the wind knocks down.  How does that sound?

Fox: Good!

No comments:

Post a Comment